Friday, December 28, 2007

Being "On"


'Tis the season for going to parties you don't want to! Happy Holidays!


To quote Georgie Boy Costanza, I don't like being "on." I'd much rather be off. Being "on" means putting on that social mask, plastering a smile on your face, and hanging out with people you really don't know, and don't really care to. When you're "on" you have to go through the tedious and frivolous conversations about what people do for a living, what the weather's going to be like tomorrow, and how "bad" the world has gotten.


Please rescue me!


Like George, I'd much rather be "off," sitting in a comfy leather chair, draped in velvet, block of cheese in hand, watching a Yankees game. Now that's living!


2 comments:

Major Allen Espy said...

I'm inflating my air matress and rushing it to your home so you can fall safely onto it. =) That, and an old Joe Stalin cigar ought to rescue you, coups! Do you think it might be best to simply pump up the mattress when I get to Huntsville?!? =)

Wayne said...

I like where your heads at on this. Boycott the holidays!