Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hardees Burg's


A new eating establishment opened yesterday in my little community just outside of Huntsville. It was a Hardees. I know...that doesn't sound like anything exciting on the surface, especially since we already proudly sport a Taco Bell/KFC, Subway, Domino's, and a few non-chains. But there are a couple of factors that excite me about this new Hardees.


One, it is the only burger place nearby. I love Taco Bell, but there are times when a man wants a good burger, right? And they have them. I think their burgers are higher quality than the typical chains'. Angus beef, fresh toppings, gourmet size...I had a Jalapeno Thick Burger yesterday, and it was pretty solid.


Two, this Hardees is easily accessible to me...I don't have to get out on the busy "four-lane," to use a term from my youth and small home town. I can get in and out of there in a hurry.


Three, the restaurant is nice...looks more like a diner than a burger chain usually does. Inside (although I will probably rarely eat on the premises) are two flat screen tv's, showing ESPN or the like.


I remember, when I was 15 or 16, my hometown of Headland, Alabama procured it's first "real" chain restaurant, also a Hardees. The excitement was rampant in the town. It's not that same level of excitement with our new Hardees, but it is nice.


See ya at Hardees! Tell 'em to fire up the grill!

1 comment:

Major Allen Espy said...

I remember your pops being excited about the Hardees too. must be in the genes. Deedee, on her deathbed, was fed Hardee's hotdogs with lots of onions. Ask your moms. I wondered then why she'd request that or even if she did. I thought fresh juices or something healthier would be better. Perhaps, though, like last supper requests, people go for their faves: ice cream, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, etc. for me, personally, i can't stomach a hardees burger. too greasy and they upset my insides.