Sunday, March 9, 2008

Fantastic!


Spring training is fully underway, which means the real baseball season is nearly underway, which means all is right with the world again! It also means fantasy baseball is back!


So far, I've registered for three leagues...one of them had its draft tonight. I drafted pretty well, I think. With the fourth pick overall, I chose New York Mets Shortstop Jose Reyes in the first round. He provides a high average, gobs of stolen bases, lots of doubles and triples, and a decent number of home runs. Other highlights on my roster include Ryan Howard, Brandon Phillips, and Josh Beckett. Here's my complete roster.


I have two other leagues yet to draft. Karen and Pops will join me in one of them. I thought about using a silly team name like the Cuban Raft Riders, but instead I went with more traditional names...except for one league, in which my team is The Evil Empire, a name sometimes used to describe the Yankees.


I hope to be a fantasy champion...if I am, all my dreams will come true!

No comments: