Thursday, February 7, 2008

Georgie Boy returns!


Yesterday Karen took me out to lunch. I was prepared to pay my share, but she stepped up to the plate and picked up the tab. (Thanks Sweetie!) Now I feel like George in Seinfeld, in "The Money" episode.


In that episode, George orders a pound of coffee, then has to use the bathroom. While he is indisposed, his order is ready, so Elaine pays for it out of convenience. After Elaine leaves, the following conversation ensues:
GEORGE: You see what just happened here?
JERRY: What?
GEORGE: She treated me to the Arabian mocha java.
JERRY: And you misinterpret this how?
GEORGE: She's stickin' it to me that she makes more money than me.
JERRY: I'm sure she was just being nice, buying you the coffee.
GEORGE: No, not nice. She's stickin' it to me.
JERRY: You're crazy.
GEORGE: (worked up) Stickin' it to me, Jerry.
JERRY: George.
GEORGE: (angry) Stickin' it!
Not willing to let it go (George never is ready to let things go). So he goes out and buys her a fancy cappuccino machine, then presents it to her with much fanfare, saying proudly, "Elaine, thank you for laying out for the Arabian Mocha Java."
Thank you, Karen, for laying out for the Korean buffet! By the way, would you like a cappuccino machine?


No comments: