Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Seinfeld and Philosophy


Today I left the friendly confines and embarked on an unenviable journey to the following stores: Barnes & Noble, Old Navy, Game Stop, Target, Dillard's, and Sam's Club. No, I didn't want to do it, but gifts had to be returned. So I girded up my loins and went out on a cold and blustery day (my apologies to Winnie the Pooh). (By the way, Allen, I heard it was snowing in Asheville today...)


Anyway, at Barnes & Noble, I went straight for the philosophy section, as I always do. I was actually looking for books by the late Eastern mystic Osho, but I stumbled upon the intriguing title, Seinfeld and Philosophy. Of course, I had to pick that up.It's billed as "a book about Everything and Nothing!" I plan to share nuggets of Seinfeldian wisdom with you in the coming days.


Signed,
Independent Jeff

No comments: