Friday, May 30, 2008

Got Matsui!

Hideki Matsui, proudly drafted in a fantasy baseball scene in Knocked Up.

There's a funny scene (one among many) in Knocked Up where a wife thinks her husband is cheating on her, so she follows him to a mysterious address. She sneaks in the house, preparing to catch him in the act, but when she flings open the door, she finds him sitting in an Orioles jersey with 20 other dudes drafting players for fantasy baseball. Not amused, the wife walks out. "Got Matsui!" the husband cries, hoping to win back his wife's affection. (It didn't work.)


Last year, I played in only one league of Fantasy Baseball. This year, I'm in three (fortunately my girlfriend doesn't mind...she even plays with me in one of them). Last year, I won my league going away. This year, I've got some catching up to do. All three leagues are ten team leagues, and I am in 3rd, 5th, and 6th places.


In one league, Pops and Karen are also playing, and they are #'s 1 and 2 in the standings. I can't let my girlfriend beat me (can I?).


Anyway, I love playing fantasy baseball.

Another little fantasy baseball thing I'm doing is on mlb.com. It's called "Beat the Streak," the object being to choose a player every day, in hopes that your chosen player will get a hit. If you beat 56 games in a row (Joe DiMaggio's MLB record hit streak), you win a million bucks! So far, my longest streak is 6, but I'm still trying. Someone got up to 39 games...that's the longest streak so far this season. Haven't picked Matsui yet; maybe I should...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

i think if i beat you, you treat me to dinner. if you beat me well...

Major Allen Espy said...

sounds erotic