Thursday, April 24, 2008

Three Forgotten Songs


I have XM Radio in my car, which allows me to listen to all kinds of music, and, of course, every Major League Baseball game during the season ("Read my lips...every game."--love that commercial where Big Papi says that in his Dominican accent.)


My favorite XM stations are 80's, 90's, Highway 26 (a combination of 90's and newer rock), XMU (music cool enough for the college kids), and Verge (alternative breakout type artists)


Some of my favorites I re-heard for the first time in a while recently are:


"Beds are Burning", Midnight Oil, 1987 (I remember watching MTV for hours straight waiting to see this video...if only we'd have had the internet and youtube back then!)

"Major Tom", Peter Schilling, 1983 (very cool science fiction type song about a spaceship in outer space...love the line, "Send my wife my love...")

"The Middle", Jimmy Eat World, 2001 (good message for the kids and all of us!...just be yourself, don't worry about what others think of you!)


I hear a lot of good new music on XM. And I always love hearing the old favorites.


Oh, I almost forgot this gem from the 80's...so nice. (Back off haters!) I heard it yesterday on the way home, and sang it loudly driving on a busy Parkway, embarassing myself...but who cares?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I had known I would have had you sing along when we heard it on our drive back from the beach! I am certainly not an REO-SPEED-JOURNEY fan...lol, those were not the "Best of Times". Oh...that's Styx isn't it.